Cauliflower, a member of the Brassica family that also includes broccoli, cabbage, kale, arugula, and Brussels sprouts, is a heart-friendly vegetable packed with health benefits. Its sulforaphane content supports heart health, while its richness in vitamin C, folate, and dietary fibre makes it a valuable addition to any diet. Low in calories and carbs, cauliflower presents an excellent option for those seeking nutritious and delicious meals. If you’re curious about exploring the culinary possibilities of this versatile veggie, we’ve got just the recipe for you – a quick and delightful dish that will make you fall in love with cauliflower even more.
1 large fresh Cauliflower head
2 tablespoons EVOO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)
2 tablespoons spring onions, chopped
1 tablespoon fresh parsley or coriander, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
Pinch of ground black pepper (optional)
1) Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (can be cooked in the oven or on the BBQ).
2) Wash the cauliflower, trim the outer leaves and the bottom core, and slice it into 3/4-inch thick slices.
3) Mix olive oil with minced garlic and brush the slices of cauliflower on each side. Season the cauliflower steaks with salt and black pepper on both sides as well and place them on a baking sheet.
4) Bake for 15 minutes, turn the steaks on the other side, and bake until tender or to desired consistency, another 10-15 minutes.
5) Serve immediately garnished with chopped spring onions and parsley.
Note: Add a pinch of cayenne hot pepper for a spicy kick, smoked paprika, curry powder, or any other favourite herbs or spices in your kitchen.